Computer Science and IT courses
In Graduate-Level Destinations
BSc (Hons) Computer Science (DLHE 2014/15)
Perfect your computing and IT skills in one of the most hi-tech cities in the UK.
Get ready for a career in the exciting, fast-changing world of computer science and IT. Whether it’s keeping pace with the needs of manufacturers and consumers, or working on essential everyday tools for millions of workers, there’s a whole host of opportunities for study and an exciting range of careers open to you after you graduate. Our great links with local and global employers will ensure you graduate with relevant, up-to-date skills and knowledge.
Programming modules allowed me to become part of IBM’s Internship Scheme!
“Completing the programming modules allowed me to develop new skills that led me to becoming part of IBM’s Internship Scheme for my placement year. Other skills that I learned during my time here, such as teamwork, organisation and communication, helped me to make the most out of this opportunity.”
This is Computer Science and IT
- You’ll be using the latest software and hardware, so that your learning environment is as close to a real workplace as possible
- You’ll study and work alongside expert academics with industrial backgrounds in a wide range of areas, including analytics, big data and computer programming
- We’re a Microsoft IT, CISCO and SAS Academy, giving you access to up-to-theminute online resources and professional tools
- Gain valuable experience and a competitive advantage on a work placement in industry
What our Computer Science and IT graduates do
The range of skills and practical experience that you’ll gain on our computer science courses will give you a great start to a variety of careers.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- Cloud Computing specialist
- Big Data consultant
- enterprise architect
- security specialist
- data scientist
- computer programmer
- systems architect
- network technician
- systems engineer
- IT director
You could also go on to study one of our postgraduate degrees, such as MSc Advanced Computer Networks, MSc Big Data Analytics, MSc Cyber Security, MSc Digital Forensics and Computer Security, MSc Information Technology or MSc Mobile App Development.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: