FdEng Civil Engineering
Why choose this course?
If you prefer a more practical approach to study, this foundation degree is an excellent stepping stone to becoming a technical engineer. Developed in partnership with employers, our FdEng Civil Engineering opens doors to a rewarding career where you can really make your mark on the world around us.
- Join a course with professional accreditation so you can meet the academic requirements to register as an Engineering Technician
- Draw on our strong partnerships with employers and professional bodies in the civil engineering industry
- Develop your industry insights through practical projects, work-based learning and fieldtrips
- Use the latest equipment in our high-specification civil engineering labs
- Tailor your studies to suit your lifestyle and other commitments: you can take this course on a full-time, part-time or day release basis
- Gain the ideal platform to progress to the final stage of the full honours degree in Civil Engineering
- Boost your employability – we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)