BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering
Why choose this course?
Civil engineers are responsible for virtually all the great structures around us. The work they do makes our lives easier – from roads and airports to access to clean water and electricity. Our BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering is an excellent route into this diverse and well-rewarded profession.
- Develop the knowledge and skills employers are looking for in areas such as structures, fluids, geology, soil mechanics, surveying and materials
- Put theory into practice through real life projects, case studies, site visits and field trips
- Choose a course accredited by leading professional institutions on behalf of the Engineering Council, which means you can fully meet the academic requirement to register as an Incorporated Engineer
- Learn from experienced civil engineering practitioners who are highly skilled in the field
- Study in our fantastic facilities at the Markeaton Street site, where we have a superb new STEM Centre
- Enjoy a great learning experience: this course received a 92% overall satisfaction rating in the National Student Survey 2016*
- Boost your employability: 100% of full-time students went on to work or further study within six months of completing this degree (Unistats)
If you have the potential and ambition to study with us, but feel you’re not quite ready to join the BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering right now, why not consider taking this course with a foundation year?
*NSS results 2016 for our FdEng Civil Engineering, BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering and BEng (Hons) Civil and Infrastructure Engineering degreesShow All