BEng (Hons) Civil and Infrastructure Engineering with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Set your professional sights high in the fast-moving and challenging world of civil and infrastructure engineering. Start your journey with a foundation year and you will be taking your vital first step towards becoming a Chartered Engineer.
- Build your confidence and skills on a foundation year so that you are ideally equipped to excel at honours degree level
- Join an accredited course which enables you to meet the academic requirements to register as an Incorporated Engineer and puts you on the pathway to Chartered Engineer status
- Choose to spend a year in industry as part of your studies: our students have secured placements with employers ranging from global companies to SMEs
- Translate theory into practice through real life projects, case studies, site visits and fieldtrips
- Learn from civil engineering practitioners who are highly experienced in this field and will inspire you to excel
- Hone your practical skills in our exceptional new STEM Centre at Markeaton Street, including dedicated civil engineering laboratories
- Prepare for exciting career opportunities in civil engineering, including fields such as design, maintenance, asset management and construction
- Boost your employability – 90% of our Civil and Infrastructure Engineering students go on to graduate-level destinations (DLHE 2014/15)
You can also take the BEng (Hons) Civil and Infrastructure Engineering without a foundation year. Find out more.