Our Student Centre Customer Service Charter
Our Student Centre team is committed to putting the customer first.
Our aim is to provide you with a welcoming professional service which is accessible, accountable and responsive. So to ensure you get the high level of service you deserve we adhere to our Student Centre Customer Service Charter:
Handling your enquiries
- All customers will be treated equally, with consideration and in a friendly and professional manner.
- We endeavour to give you the correct information, first time, every time.
- We aim to resolve the majority of enquiries at first point of contact whether face to face, by telephone, electronically or in writing. If this is not possible we will ensure queries are followed up and resolved appropriately.
- If your request can’t be dealt with straight away we will tell you how long it will take.
- We will keep your personal information safe and secure in accordance with the University Data Protection protocols.
- The availability of our services will be advertised.
When you phone us
- We aim to answer your call within 5 rings during office hours.
- We will listen carefully to your request to fully understand the nature of your query.
- If we are unable to answer your query immediately we will offer to call you back at a suitable time, or contact you by your chosen method.
When you email us
- An automatic acknowledgement confirming receipt of your email will be sent to you.
- We aim to deal with email enquiries within 48 hours, during normal business hours.
- If we need to refer your email onto another service within the University, we will ensure you are kept up to date with our actions.
When you visit us in person
- Our Student Centres staff will provide our customers with helpful and accurate information.
- We will acknowledge your arrival in a friendly and timely manner,and will resolve your query promptly and efficiently.
- If we need to direct you to another service or location we will ensure we refer you to the right place to meet your requirements.
- Our staff will be courteous, helpful and sensitive to individual needs.
Concerns and complaints
- We welcome feedback and if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service we will respond promptly and do our best to put it right.
- If you have a complaint about our service, we will respond in accordance with our published policy.
Please help us by
- Providing us with all the information we require, to help you resolve your query.
- Treating our staff with respect at all times.
- Letting us know if you are unable to attend an appointment.
- Telling us when we have not met your expectations and also when we have exceeded them.
We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance our service to you and we welcome any comments you would like to make so please give us your feedback by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using this feedback link
- Completing feedback questionnaires or cards available at each of our Student Centres
- Telephoning the Student Centre Manager on 01332 591919.