Complaints about the Student Centre service
Student Centre Complaints Procedure
When a customer or member of staff lodges a complaint/bad comment against our service, we encourage staff to take responsibility for the complaint and liaise with the customer to try to find an immediate solution prior to escalation. If this cannot be resolved, then the Student Centre Manager (or nominee) will take responsibility to deal with the complaint prior to further escalation.
- If you have a complaint about our service, please speak to a member of staff who will endeavour to resolve the issue with you immediately. Complaints lodged by email will be forwarded directly to the Student Centre Manager (or nominee) for investigation.
- Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your complaint, and the Student Centre Manager (or nominee) will respond to you within 48 hours (working days) under normal circumstances.
- We will make initial enquiries into the complaint, and will write a response which will be returned to you within 48 hours (working days) under normal circumstances.
- Some enquiries may take longer, and we commit to keeping you informed about the progress of our enquiries.
- If you are not satisfied with the way in which your complaint about our service was dealt with or resolved, then, you may wish to follow the University of Derby Complaints Procedure
- Alternatively, you can contact the Help & Advice Service at the University of Derby Students’ Union (UDSU), who, as an independent body, will advise and represent you in relation to your complaint.
We will annually review our Student Centre Complaints Procedure, taking into account customer and staff feedback on the effectiveness of the current complaints procedure.