Forward Thinking for Students with specific learning differences
What are the benefits of coming to Forward Thinking?
- A one to one meeting with a Practitioner from the Student Wellbeing Service to discuss preparation for, and support needs, at university.
- Early enrolment
- Derby campus and library tours to help you to find your way around
- A talk from current students who have successfully made the transition to university.
- An opportunity to get to know other students and find out what the Students Union offers, for example clubs and societies.
- A focus on the transition from sixth form/college to University and the importance of taking responsibility.
- An opportunity to sample inclusive sports at The University of Derby Sports Centre
- Various other workshops and social events
Students moving into halls of residence
Students who are moving into halls can move in on the afternoon of Wednesday 6th September at no extra cost. During the afternoon and evening you'll have the opportunity to attend:
- Orientation to halls
- Welcome evening
Booking your place
Booking is essential because an individual program of events is created for each student attending Forward Thinking.
- Text your name + ForwardThinking to 07950 080714
- Call us on 01332 593000
University of Derby