Summer School for Students with Autism and Asperger Syndrome
Tuesday 10th July - Thursday 12th July 2018
The summer school provides new students with the opportunity to become familiar with the university during a quieter period and begin to prepare for successfully managing their transition to university.
The Summer School is a free event and is open to any student.
Specifically this summer school will offer:
- An opportunity to attend a number of workshops/information sessions designed to introduce you to the different aspects of university life
- A two night stay in the Halls of Residence and the opportunity to prepare a meal (this part is optional)
- A talk from current students, with Autism and Asperger Syndrome, who attended the summer school last year, to hear about their experiences of university so far
- An opportunity to begin to get to know other students and discover what is provided by the Students Union
- A focus on different types of support available and how to make best use of these
- An opportunity for a one to one meeting with someone from the Student Wellbeing Team to talk through any concerns and to develop an action plan for preparing for university
- An invite to a workshop for your parents/carers about preparing for your transition to university.
Further information is available in draft Sumer School Programme 2018 (available shortly)
Confirm your attendance and receive further information
- By texting your name + summer school to 07950 080714 or
- By telephone 01332 593000
Or please complete and return the Summer School Application Form 2018 by
- Post: Summer School Co-ordinator, Student Wellbeing, Ground Floor, B Block, University of Derby, Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB
- Email: getAhead@derby.ac.uk