Get Ahead for disabled students
What are the benefits of coming to Get Ahead?
- A one to one meeting with a Practioner from the Student Wellbeing Service to discuss preparation for, and support needs, at university.
- Early enrolment
- Derby Campus and library tours to help you find your way around
- A talk from current students who have successfully made the transition to university
- An opportunity to get to know other students and find out what the Students Union offers, for example clubs and societies
- A focus on the transition from sixth form/college to University and the importance of taking responsibility
- An opportunity to sample inclusive sports at the University of Derby Sports Centre
- Various other workshops and social events
Students moving into halls of residence
Students who are moving into halls can move in on the afternoon of Wednesday 12th September at no extra cost. During the afternoon and evening you'll have the opportunity to attend:
- Orientation to halls
- Welcome evening
Booking your place
Booking is essential because an individual program of events is created for each student attending Get Ahead.
- Text your name + Get Ahead to 07950 080714
- Call us on 01332 593000
University of Derby
The deadline for booking your place is 25th August. We cannot accept bookings after this date.