Community Care Assessments - Accommodation - University of Derby

Community Care Assessments

You may be entitled to help and support from community care services. This help would normally be provided by your local authority social services department. For example, you could receive practical assistance in your home or the help of a support worker.

The Autism Helpline has an information sheet titled Community Care which explains how to get assessed by your local authority and about the type of support you can receive. This can be viewed through the following website link:

Your own local authority will usually assess your need of services rather than the local authority where the university is located.

If you are concerned about any of this please contact us. You can find our contact details here.