Self-service issue and return
There are self-service units at our Kedleston Road, Britannia Mill and Devonshire Libraries which allow you to issue and return items.
- Press the ISSUE button on the screen before starting
- You will need your borrower card to issue
- Videos and 18+ materials cannot be issued on the units
- An item cannot be issued if you owe more than £5 in fines
- An item cannot be issued if the item has been reserved by another borrower
- Remember to press the RETURN button on the screen before starting
- You will NOT need your borrower card to RETURN
- When items are returned, a message will appear to indicate where to return the item. Most items go into the green bin / trolley, some items go into the red bin.
Paying fines at self-service
There is a fines payment option as part of the self-service unit at Kedleston Road, which accepts all UK coins except £2 coins and will give change. Please contact a member of staff if you require help with this facility.