ILL requests - terms and conditions
Your inter library loan request is governed by the following terms and conditions.
I hereby request you to supply me with a copy of the item detailed on this form which I require for the purposes of research or private study. I declare that:
- I have not previously been supplied with the same material by you or any other librarian;
- I will not use the copy except for research for a non-commercial purpose or private study
- I will not supply a copy of it to any other person
- To the best of my knowledge no other person with whom I work or study has made, or intends to make, at or about the same time as this request, a request for substantially the same material for substantially the same purpose.
- If this item was delivered by an electronic method (including fax transmission), I will retain only a single paper copy and destroy any electronic copies after printing
- I understand that if the declaration is false in a material particular, the copy supplied to me by you will be an infringing copy and that I shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if I had made the copy myself.
Online requests: Pre-pay at one of our library's loan desks, or by calling the Library Enquiry Service +44 (0)1332 591215 before submitting your request.
Paper and PDF requests: Pay in person as you submit your paper request form at one of our library's enquiry desks.
No refunds are given.
We will endeavour to process your request within five working days of its receipt. Please allow two to three weeks for the supply of the item, although most requests, especially those sent electronically by SED, will arrive within days.
You can check the progress of your request by logging onto 'My Details' in PRISM, the Library Catalogue.
The Inter Library Loan (ILL) Service supports academic work undertaken by staff employed by the University of Derby. We are unable to process requests relating to work or study that is not connected with UoD.
The University recognises the importance of the protection of personal data. For information on how your data may be processed please visit https://www.derby.ac.uk/its/datagov/dpa/data-protection-statements/
The University of Derby holds ILL requests securely and will keep request details for the period of six years and a day as required by the terms and conditions of the British Library and the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.