Posters and presentations
During your time at University it is very likely that you will be asked to give a presentation of your work to a group of people. This could be in the form of using Powerpoint to present slides or in the form of an academic poster.
While at university you may be asked to give a presentation. Presenting your work to others demonstrates many of the skills needed to complete your degree, such as:
- Good organisation
- Answering questions from your tutor and student colleagues verbally
- Gaining confidence in your verbal communication skills
- Using technology to visually display your work
- Developing academic arguments and defending them
- Engaging in debate about other students' work
Your presentation may be in the form of a PowerPoint or a poster.
Ensure you practise beforehand to build up your confidence on the day.
List of resources
University of Leicester – How to make an academic poster
University of Derby students can access further information on academic writing on our Blackboard module - Improve your academic writing.
Study Advisor Scheme
As part of our study skills services we provide help with essay structure, dissertation preparation and time management. To request a study advisor please visit us on the lower floor of Kedleston Rd library, or complete the form online