Document Delivery quick guide
Requesting an Item
- You can request copies of book chapters and journal articles which are not held electronically in the University of Derby stock.
- We have to comply with UK copyright law. This means we can only supply you with one chapter per book or one article per journal issue or 5% of a given work, whichever is greater.
- To request an item please complete our online form.
Receiving your Item
- You can choose to receive your item as either a photocopy or electronically as an SED
- Photocopies can be posted worldwide and do not need to be returned
- To use the SED service to will need to register with the British Library. You will receive instructions with your SED e-mail, or alternatively please see our guide for information on how to do this.
- Generally you should receive your item within a week. However it can take longer so please allow 2-3 weeks.
- Charges vary according to your level of study and allocations are per academic year.
- Undergraduates based in the UK or Republic of Ireland are allowed 20 items at a cost of £2.00 each.
- Undergraduates who are based overseas are allowed 10 free items and then 10 items at a cost of £2.00 each.
- Taught Postgraduates are allowed 20 free items and then 20 items at a cost of £2.00 each. Further requests need to be cleared beforehand and will be charged at £2.00 each.
- There are no charges for researchers.
- If you need to pay for an item you should do this before you make a request. Please contact us to arrange a payment.
For further information about the Document Delivery Service please our Guide to Services