Inter Library Loans at Chesterfield
The Inter Library Loans Service is now available to staff and students at Chesterfield
What is the Inter Library Loans (ILLs) Service?
If a book or journal is not available in any of the University of Derby libraries, it may be possible to obtain a copy from another library by submitting a request through our ILLs service.
How much does an ILL cost?
- Undergraduate students on year two or above of their degree course may receive twenty ILLs per academic year at £2.00 per request.
- For Postgraduate students on taught Masters courses there is no charge for the first twenty requests. Further requests may be obtained at £2.00 each.
- There are no charges for staff or researchers.
Please note that the £2.00 charge is non-refundable, even if the item is subsequently found to be in stock or available electronically.
What should I do first?
- Before submitting a request, you should pre-pay at any of our Loans Counters, or a card payment may be made by calling the Library Enquiry Service +44 (0)1332 591215.
- Always check the Library Catalogue and E-Journals Finder to ensure that we do not already have the item in stock before you submit your request.
- If you are requesting a journal article, please read the Secure Electronic Delivery guide.
For more information about submitting inter library loan requests at Chesterfield, and for links to the request forms, please see our Inter Library Loans Guide.