Is there easy access to the Library?
The Library in Leek HUB is located on the ground floor of the Tovell Building which has easy level access throughout.
Are there any accessible toilet facilities?
There are accessible toilets nearby.
What computers and assistive software are available?
All computers have Windows 10 installed which has inbuilt assistive features.
All computers have Apps Anywhere with the following programs:-
- TextHelp Read & Write software - reads aloud pages of text (web pages, word documents, PDF files). Useful for people who find it difficult to read large quantities of text online, The 'Speak as I Type' function is useful as a proof-reading tool when typing in Word.
- MindGenius - mind-mapping software that helps you capture, visualise and manage your ideas and information. It's useful for organising your ideas, planning, essay preparation and revising. It suits learners with a visual learning style.
- Inspiration - mind-mapping software to suit learners with a visual learning style.
All student computers come with QuickScan which can be used to assess learning styles. Student Wellbeing Service (SWS) may refer students to complete a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) assessment using this software. Further advice is available from SWS.
Also available on specified computers:-
- Jaws - screen reading software
- Zoomtext - magnifier / reader
Please ask a member of staff if you want advice about these.
What assistive accessories can I borrow to use in the Library?
- Coloured overlays
What assistive equipment can I borrow?
What photocopying facilities are there?
There are Multifunctional Devices (MFDs) providing photocopying and scanning facilities. Materials can be enlarged or copied onto coloured paper - please ask a member of staff if you need help with this.
What facilities are there for users with hearing aids?
A portable hearing loop is available.