UNIVERSITY OF DERBY INNOVATION CENTRE (CHESTERFIELD)
The Innovation Centre at our new Chesterfield Campus will allow SMEs to incubate new business ideas, increase their speed of growth and de-risk the process of developing new products. It will create a stimulating environment for innovation, learning, problem solving and creativity for local industry in Chesterfield.
The University will work collaboratively with industry, developing core themes and expertise with innovation and sustainability in mind. The workshop facility will offer support for design prototyping and materials analysis and testing, specialising in:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Medical engineering
- New product and process development
- Control, instrumentation, smart and embedded devices
- Energy and the environment
Expertise includes design for manufacture and prototyping to support businesses to innovate and develop new products and processes with access to:
- Large multi-material UV Cure 3D printing machine
- FDM 3D printing machines
- Multi-axis CNC wire cut machine
- Articulated arm scanning and reverse engineering software
- Bench top scanning electron microscope
- Sputter coating machine
The University’s tailored business support offer will match SMEs with opportunities to access space, expertise, advice and guidance, funding, knowledge transfer, facilities and talent to facilitate accelerated growth.