Student accommodation in Buxton
High Peak Halls has 291 student rooms and is right in the centre of Buxton. Most first year students live in halls, they're just a short walk from the Buxton campus and a great place to make friends. They offer you safe, good value accommodation with other students.
At High Peak Halls you will share a flat with up to 7 other people. All the rooms are en suite. We also provide adapted rooms for people with disabilities. Please contact us before you apply to talk about this so we can discuss your particular needs.
All rooms have a bed, desk, bookshelves, phone, wardrobe, and curtains.
Our en suite rooms have everything a standard room has except instead of a wash basin, some of the floor space is taken up with a white triangular en suite room in the corner which has a shower toilet and small sink.
Within your flat, all students have access to a fully equipped kitchen, containing:
- Fridge freezer
- Cooker and hob
- Microwave oven
- Tables and chairs
- Food cupboards.
Find out more about what to bring with you when moving to Halls.
How to apply
- You can apply online when you have accepted an unconditional firm or a conditional firm offer from the University of Derby
- Applications open in January for the following September. Apply online now.
- Rooms are allocated on a first come, first served basis so it’s best to apply early.
- You have to pay an advanced booking payment of £100 when you apply. This is an advance on your first term’s rent and is needed to secure your booking.
- If you don’t end up getting the grades to come to Derby your advanced booking payment will be refunded in full so you have nothing to lose by applying early.
- There are two ways to pay: you can pay in advance and receive a 4% discount, or pay in termly instalments to coincide with your loan cheques. The loan comes into your bank account and then a week to 10 days later your hall fees are taken out by standing order.
- When you apply you can list up to four preferences regarding hall and room type.
- You also need to tell us if you want to live in a single or mixed gender flat.