What happens if I am charged? - Moving out - University of Derby

What happens if I'm charged

Paying cleaning and damage costs to us

When you leave halls a member of staff will check your flat. Any damaged or missing items will be checked against the inventory you completed on arrival and the room history we have. If damage has occurred during your tenancy which is over and above normal wear and tear we will calculate the cost of repairing this damage. Your Hall Manager will write and let you know if you have incurred any charges.

If there are no charges you will not be contacted.

You will be given 30 days from the date of the letter to pay or query any costs with your Hall Manager. Any queries about costs should only be made in writing and addressed to your Hall Manager.

How to pay

You can pay in two different ways:

  • You can send a cheque directly to your Hall Manager payable to the University of Derby.
  • You can pay by card . Simply contact the Finance Office on +44 (0)1332 591022/1023.

Failure to pay

Failure to pay any costs you have incurred may lead to legal recovery action being taken and may affect your enrolment for the next academic year.