Fire Safety Statement
All University halls (managed by Derbyshire Student Residences Limited, known as Student Living) treat the health, safety and security of students, staff and visitors with the upmost importance.
We always install, maintain and operate suitable safety systems in our buildings to meet and often exceed the minimum legal requirements. Such measures taken include:
- Regular review and updating of Fire Risk Assessments for every site by trained and experienced specialist contractors
- Provision of relevant fire safety equipment within our buildings such as fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Annual servicing of all gas appliances and PAT testing of our electrical items
- Regular emergency evacuation drills when buildings are occupied
- Regular fire alarm and emergency lighting testing and maintenance
- Fire safety training provided for all staff on site
- Safety induction briefings at move-in for all occupants on how to act in emergency situations.