Things to do when you arrive
There are lots of things to get sorted when you get here
- Have a cuppa with your new flatmates
- Fill in your inventory form and return it to your Hall Manager
- Complete your emergency contact form and return it to your Hall Manager
- Check out your insurance cover and see if you need any top-up insurance.
- Set up your computer and internet connection
- Find out what's going on in halls and on campus through the Student Living Derby website.
- Attend the Welcome Meeting at your halls
- Sort out storage for your bike or canoe with your Hall Manager
- Ring home to let your family know how you're getting on
- Find out your room telephone number by calling 175 on your handset
- Get a TV Licence
- Make sure all your stuff is insured. Find out more.
- Register with a doctor and dentist
- Enrol on your course
- Make sure you're registered to vote.
- Go to the Freshers' Fortnight if you are moving into halls in September
- Make your room your own with posters and all your knick knacks