Paying your bill - Applying for a room - University of Derby

Paying your bill

Paying in advance

Pay the total amount by credit or debit card, cash or bankers draft before you arrive and get a 4% early payment discount.  This has to be paid BEFORE 30 September There is also an opportunity to pay the full amount during Welcome Day when you arrive to move in to halls. If you are paying by credit card it will not be taken out till 30 September.

Paying in instalments

You can spread the cost of your hall fees by paying in instalments in these months:

Payment one - 15 OctoberPayment two - 15 JanuaryPayment three - 15 April

You'll find the amounts you need to pay and your payment dates on the Payment Confirmation Form that we'll send you. The amount of each instalment depends on the number of days in the term.

How to pay - options

1. Recurring card payment

If you submit your credit or debit card details to us and give us permission to do so, we can take payments on the specified due dates.

2. Paying online with a credit or debit card

When you enrol on your course, you'll be given access to your UDo account where you can make payments and view your past payments. Pay online. Please remember to use your Derby student number as a reference.

3. Paying by standing order

We'll email you a standing order mandate form with your offer details.  You'll need to complete and return it to us within ten days of receiving your offer if you're a UK student, or 14 days if you're an overseas student. By completeing and submitting the standing order form you'll be giving your bank permission to send us payments on the relevant dates.

4. Paying by bank transfer

You can pay by bank transfer using the University's bank details.  

5. Credit card payments over the phone 

If you want to pay over the phone, please ring +449))1332 611841 and quote your Derby student number.

Extra nights

You'll need to pay for any extra nights that you stay in halls outside your charging period.

What if I can’t pay the rent?

  • Contact the Students’ Union independent advice centre – The Source on 01332 591509.  They will give you advice and support.  It’s also best to let the University Finance Department know if you’re having problems with your hall fees.  You can phone them on ext 2742 or 01332 592742.
  • Keep your Hall Manager in the picture too – it’s better all round if you’re up front and honest about your problems.
  • Contact us if you've got any questions