Worry free accommodation for International students
At University of Derby halls of residence we have a long standing record of excellent customer service for International students. But don’t take our word for it, take a look at our rankings in the i-graduate International Student Barometer*, the accepted global benchmark for the international student experience.
A warm welcome
We are THE BEST in the UK and 2nd best in the world when it comes to welcoming students on arrival.
Our accommodation office were ranked 2nd best in the UK (out of 42 participating institutions) and and 9th best in the world (182 participating institutions) for the support they offer.
Along with the staff at Derby's award winning International Student Centre, halls staff will make sure you settle into your new home and they are always on hand to help you with any issues you may have. There is also a dedicated Halls Wellbeing Co-ordinator.
Once people are settled into halls our halls staff go out of their way to help students settle in. Our Residential Assistants were ranked 5th best in the UK and 10th best in the world for the support they offered.
A great accommodation service
The overall quality of our accommodation was ranked 3rd best in the UK.
* Autumn 2016 wave
As well as great service, there are lots of other benefits to living in halls when you move to a foreign country. All the halls at Derby University are located near to the University, local shops, bars and restaurants. Also, the University of Derby’s halls fees are all inclusive so you won’t have to pay any extra bills and it saves you a lot of trouble.
Other benefits of living in halls include:
- an activities and events programme which includes day trips, social events, cookery classes, quizzes and lots more.
- free WIFI for up to six devices
- a weekly cleaning service of communal areas (except Flamsteed Court)
- night time security staff and CCTV
- 24 hour mobile contact number so you can contact staff anytime day or night
- Freeview TV and radio through your PC
- quick and effective maintenance service
- free bike storage
- free room contents insurance and bike cover
- Laundries or washing machines at all halls
In Derby only:
Free Unibus transport for the year. The Unibus runs from Derby railway station, via the city centre to all the halls up to the main site at Kedleston Road.
In Buxton only:
- Free use of a spa practice room at High Peak Halls
- Drying room for outdoor pursuits students
- Summer storage for returning students
FREE TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN HALLS:
We understand that you may be limited as to what you can bring with you to the UK, so when you get here you’ll receive a free aarival pack, bed pack and kitchen pack.
An arrival pack contains:
A kitchen pack contains:
A bed pack contains:
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU!