Worry free accommodation for International students
There are lots of benefits to living in halls when you move to a foreign country. All the halls at Derby University are located near to the University, local shops, bars and restaurants. Also, the University of Derby’s halls fees are all inclusive so you won’t have to pay any extra bills and it saves you a lot of trouble.
Along with the staff at Derby’s award winning International Student Centre, halls staff will make sure you settle into your new home and they are always on hand to help you with any issues you may have. There is also a dedicated Halls Wellbeing Co-ordinator.
There are lots of benefits to living in halls:
- An activities and events programme which includes day trips, social events, cookery classes, quizzes and lots more.
- Free WIFI for up to six devices
- A weekly cleaning service of communal areas (except Flamsteed Court)
- Night time security staff and CCTV
- 24 hour mobile contact number so you can contact staff anytime day or night
- Freeview TV and radio through your PC
- Quick and effective maintenance service
- FREE bike storage
- FREE room contents insurance and bike cover
- Laundries or washing machines at all halls
In Derby only:
Free Unibus transport for the year. The Unibus runs from Derby railway station, via the city centre to all the halls up to the main site at Kedleston Road.
In Buxton only:
- Free use of a spa practice room at High Peak Halls
- Drying room for outdoor pursuits students
- Summer storage for returning students
FREE TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN HALLS:
We understand that you may be limited as to what you can bring with you to the UK, so when you arrive you’ll receive a free food pack, bed pack and kitchen pack.
A food pack contains:
A kitchen pack contains:
A bed pack contains: