Accepting the Pre-booking Service Terms and Conditions
Please read the Pre-booking Service Terms and Conditions below.
By accepting the Pre-booking Service Terms and Conditions and the immediate performance of the formal Offer of Accommodation, you acknowledge that you are unable to cancel the contract and will remain liable for the payment of the £100 Advanced Booking Payment.
By accepting this contract the following right is subsequently relinquished:
- Your right to cancel
The particulars of the “your right to cancel” clause are as follows
- The right to cancel this Pre-booking Service Terms and Conditions within 14 days without giving any reason.
If you had retained your “right to cancel” the following conditions would have applied:
- The option to inform us of your decision to cancel by providing a clear statement that you wanted to cancel.
- A reimbursement of your booking fee without undue delay, and not later than ten working days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- A reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not have incurred any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
Accepting these conditions allows DSRL to process your application and forward you an Offer of Accommodation at the earliest opportunity.
Pre-booking Service Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before you accept
Please read the following booking terms and conditions carefully before completing Step 1 of the application process “Pre-booking service contract.”
- New students can apply for a room in halls provided they have accepted Derby as their first choice University on a full time course.
- Current or returning students can apply for halls provided they are full time students throughout their period of residence.
- You can apply for halls through the University's website and enter into the "Pre-booking service contract" through the payment of the £100 advanced booking payment.
- We are not obliged to meet your first or subsequent preference but will do our best to meet your requested preferences" with the halls and rooms available at the time of your booking.
- We guarantee a room in halls to first year and International students who apply before 31 July.
- We guarantee “University approved” accommodation to first year and International students who apply before 31 August.
2. We may refuse your application under the following circumstances:
- You are a current or previous resident who still owes hall fees after the third term payment date.
- You are a current or previous resident whose behaviour in halls has been unacceptable and you have been subject to the halls disciplinary process.
- If you are applying late and we have no rooms left.
In all of the above cases, we will refund the advanced booking fee in full.
3. Use of the advanced booking fee of £100
If you accept the Offer of Accommodation we send you, the £100 charge will be deducted from your first term’s rent.
- The advanced booking fee will be refunded in full under the following circumstances:
- We are unable to offer you accommodation in line with your preferences and are unable to find you a suitable alternative and you cancel your application.
- In instances where you apply for flatmate share and we are unable to meet your preferences or those of your friends or a suitable alternative and you cancel your application.
- You are an International student who has failed to get the required visa to study in the UK and you have provided a copy of your visa decision notice to us within two weeks of your official teaching start date.
- You do not get the required grades to come to the University of Derby.
- You are an International student and have failed to get the required visa to study in the UK.
- In some circumstances we will refund £50 of your advanced booking fee and the remaining £50 will be charged as an administration fee. The advanced booking fee will be partially refunded under the following circumstances:
- You decline the offer for no good reason and it is one of your preferences.
- You don’t take up your place at the University of Derby
- You do not accept the Offer of Accommodation within ten working days
3. Your right to cancel
- By accepting the “Pre-booking Service Contract” terms and conditions you relinquish your right to cancel at this stage and accept that you are liable for the £100 Advanced Booking Fee. Therefore the contract comes into immediate effect enabling DSRL to send you a prompt Offer of Accommodation.
4. Our right to cancel
- Your Offer of Accommodation is valid for ten working days and after that period if you have not accepted the offer, your offer will be automatically cancelled. As a measure of goodwill, we will refund £50 of your advanced booking fee, the remaining £50 will be charged as an administration fee.
5. Staying longer than your contract
- If you arrive earlier than your agreed contract start date or stay later than the end of your contract, you will be charged for the additional nights’ accommodation at the appropriate (pro rata) nightly rate for your room type and period of occupation.
Data protection statement
When you apply for halls of residence, you accept that Derby Student Living (DSRL) can and may keep or pass on any relevant information about you, including your address, payment details conduct and contact details in the course of our legitimate business operations.