How to apply for halls of residence
Step 1: Applying for a room
- Have a look at our halls, prices and room types so that you have some idea of what room you would prefer.
- Once you have made your preferences, you will need to read and accept the Terms and Conditions of the Pre-booking Service Agreement.
- In accepting these Terms and Conditions you are giving up your normal right to cancel within 14 days of completing the application. The contract between us takes place as soon as you finish this application. This will allow us to send you an Offer of Accommodation, let you know where you will be living and how much your room is going to cost, at the earliest opportunity.
- To complete the contract between us and validate your application you MUST pay the £100 Advanced Booking Payment. If you proceed to Step 2 and complete and accept your application, this £100 will be deducted from your first term’s rent.
Cancelling your Pre-booking Service Agreement
Once you have accepted the Pre-booking Service Agreement you waive the right to cancel that step of the process and enter into a legal contract with us. However, once you have had an Offer of Accommodation, you may be able to cancel under certain circumstances, without incurring any charge, although in some situations a reasonable administration fee of £50 will be charged. Please see Terms and Conditions for full details.
Step 2: Accepting the Letting Agreement and your Offer of Accommodation
- Your Offer of Accommodation will be delivered via email. The offer is valid for ten working days so you need to accept it prior to it expiring or it will be cancelled by us!
- The Offer of Accommodation will tell you the halls, room type, room number, duration of the Letting Agreement (2018/19) and the accommodation cost.
- It will also request your emergency contact details, which we will hold in the unlikely case of an emergency in halls.
- The Offer of Accommodation will include the Letting Agreement (2018/19) for your attention. The Letting Agreement (2018/19) is a legally binding document, so we recommend that you download it or email it to yourself, so that you have a copy to refer to. We also recommend that you read it BEFORE you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
- If you are unsure about any part of the Lettings Agreement you should seek legal advice before accepting it.
- By accepting the Letting Agreement (2018/19) you are agreeing to be bound by its terms and conditions and in particular you are agreeing to:
- pay the residence fees for the entire period of the contract and
- meet your obligations in the care of the room and shared areas.
- The Letting Agreement also outlines full details about the Landlord’s Obligations (Clause 5), Landlord’s Termination Rights (Clause 6) and Your Termination Rights (Clause 7). Please make sure you understand these. Be aware of (Clause 4.32 TV Licence) which outlines your responsibility for purchasing your own “TV Licence”.
- Please also make sure you read Clause 3.6 (Cash Allocation Rules) when paying your hall fees.
- By accepting the Offer of Accommodation and the Letting Agreement within the ten working days, you will have completed Step 2 of the halls application process and you will have a contract in place with us.
Cancelling your Offer of Accommodation
If you cancel your Offer of Accommodation because:
- you do not get the required grades to come to the University of Derby or
- you are an international student and have failed to get the required visa
we will refund the £100 Advanced Booking Payment in full.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than ten working days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you use for the initial transaction, unless the payee has expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
Cancelling for any other reason
If you cancel for any other reason you may be eligible for a full or partial refund as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
Paying your bill
Read more about how to pay your bill.
Do you have special requirements?
If so, find out here what you need to tell us.