Halls of residence
Most first year students live in halls - they're just a short walk from our campuses and a great place to make friends. They offer you safe, good value accommodation with other students. If you’d like to have a look around our halls before you apply, come along to an Open Days.
Nominated in the National Student Housing Awards
The University of Derby's halls have been shortlisted in two categories at the 2017 National Student Housing Survey Awards. The categories are:
- Best University Halls
- Best Environmental Management
Top rankings for International students
According to the i-graduate International Student Barometer, the accepted global benchmark for the international student experience (Autumn wave 2016):
- We are super delighted to announce that we have received the International Accommodation Quality Mark! This is awarded to any accommodation provider who achieves over 90% satisfaction from international students through the National Student Housing Survey. We are one of just 11 providers across the country who have received this!
We are THE BEST in the UK and 2nd best in the world when it comes to welcoming international students on arrival.
- Our accommodation office were was ranked 2nd best in the UK (out of 42 participating institutions) and 9th best in the world (182 participating institutions) for the support it offers.
- Our Residential Assistants were ranked 5th best in the UK and 10th best in the world for the support they offered.
- The overall quality of our accommodation was ranked 3rd best in the UK
University-approved private accommodation
If you’d prefer to rent a private property, we can help you find the right place through our registered private housing scheme. Together with the Council and the landlord, we assess all the properties registered so you can be confident they’ll be safe and comfortable.
If you’re planning to live in halls, make sure you take some time to find out about your options and visit us at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, you can chat with our Student Living staff who will have stands at all our sites on the day. They will be able to answer your questions and give you details about the accommodation tours.