Part time tuition fee loans
If you are applying to study a part time undergraduate qualification through the University of Derby you may be eligible to apply for a part time tuition fee loan.
- All part time students studying for an undergraduate qualification at HNC, HND or Foundation Degree level or above can apply for a part time loan.
- You will not receive this money; it is paid directly to the University.
- You must be a ‘new’ student* - you must not already hold a qualification which is equivalent to or higher than your new chosen programme of study.
- You must be ordinarily resident in the England on the first day of the first academic year of your programme.
- Repayments of the tuition fee loan will be 9% of income over £21,000. You will start repaying your loan three years after the start of your course.
You can apply for a part time tuition fee loan, providing you also meet all other eligibility criteria, if you are about to study a programme through the University of Derby that is at one of these levels:
- Foundation Degree (FdA or FdSc)
- Honours Degree (BA, BSc or BEng)
To find out more and to apply for a part time tuition fee loan, visit www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk
We recommend that you start your application before you enrol on your programme.
*This includes students who’ve had a break of study, but not students who have taken a temporary break of study under our Authorised Break of Study Regulations.