Higher Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships
UK businesses consider skills shortages and recruitment difficulties a bigger threat to their organisation than soaring oil prices and declining consumer spending, and more than a quarter rate this form of vocational training higher than any other qualification. Apprenticeships can help your organisation by offering an opportunity to employ and train fresh new talent or by developing your existing staff.
Why work with the University of Derby?
The University of Derby understands this and is committed to training at all levels to meet employers’ skills gaps and needs. We are able to offer apprenticeships at all levels from 2-7 and offer entry points onto apprenticeships at the level that is suitable for your needs.
The University of Derby is committed to delivering high quality apprenticeships that meet employer skills gaps and succession planning. In light of this commitment, the University of Derby has developed a World Class Standard for apprenticeships that will offer additional:
- Flexible delivery options
- Online support and delivery
- Training of a Master/Mentor within the workplace
- Creative and critical approach to delivery
- Real job opportunities
What do apprenticeships offer?
Apprenticeships should be designed to help your employees develop the skills and knowledge that is directly relevant to your business. This should include:
- An exciting package that attracts a high calibre of prospective employees/upskills your existing workforce
- Assessments that are both relevant to your business sector and endorsed by approved professional standards
- A “Grow Your Own” workforce that is productive, innovative and efficient and is instilled with your individual business culture and working environment
- An honours level education hand-in-hand with relevant work experience
- Full use of Government funding to support your apprenticeship training in the form of government contributions and incentive payments, if applicable
How can the University of Derby help?
The University of Derby recognises that in the wake of apprenticeship reforms and increased employer ownership, businesses may require support and guidance to understand these changes for example the new Apprenticeship Levy. UoD Apprenticeships is a service for employers to offer advice and guidance on the development and delivery of Apprenticeships.
A core service available to employers is the development of one of our apprenticeships in line with your current training plans to create an apprenticeship programme that is unique to your business but still complies with the apprenticeship programme. For more details on how to do this, please email all enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Current Degree Apprenticeships:
- Aerospace Engineer: BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Aerospace)
- Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering Site Management: BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering Site Manager
- Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering Design: BEng (Hons) Civil and Infrastructure Engineering*
- Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Cyber Security Analyst) – Integrated Degree
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship: BA (Hons) Leadership & Business Management
- Nursing Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons) Nursing*
*subject to approval