We are D2EE
A collaboration between the University of Derby, Derby City and Derbyshire County Councils.
Who is it for?
The partnership provides a suite of services to help SME's in the D2N2 area to make carbon savings, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and support the shift towards a low carbon economy.
What’s on offer?
A range of services for SME's that are based on an initial consultation and tailored to your specific business needs.
Understanding Your Needs
We will visit your business, identify your needs and depending on your interests:
- Produce an energy audit report with recommendations for improving energy efficiency and reducing energy costs and carbon emissions
- Undertake a Low Carbon Business Capability Review to establish how we can help take your low carbon business proposition to market.
Low Carbon Energy Efficiency Grants:
Reducing costs by cutting emissions:
The energy audit can be used to inform a grant application and formulate an investment or business plan for energy efficiency within your premises. SME's can access capital grants to part-fund carbon saving measures that will deliver significant energy and greenhouse gas emission savings.
Low Carbon Product Development:
Accelerating the shift to a green economy:
SME's will be able to access bespoke fully-funded R&D technical support consultancy from the Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering in low carbon production, process and project design, new product development and prototyping.
This FREE service offers:
- 12 hrs+ product development.
- Access to cutting edge technology and expertise.
- Attendance at 3 events from a menu of workshops.
- 1:1 technical support for low carbon product development
- Membership of our Low Carbon SME network.
- Invitation to regional conference & events.
Low Carbon Business Development:
Growing low carbon business:
SME's that already offer low carbon goods and services can access this fully funded (free) programme of support to help them access new markets and the region’s largest supply chains.
Support is based on a business needs review, with workshops addressing:
- Finance and funding for low carbon businesses
- Environmental management systems & green accreditation
- Leadership & entrepreneurial skills
- Building a low carbon business case
- Low carbon procurement and purchasing
- Greening supply chains
- LEAN green logistics
- Sustainable marketing and brand integrity
- Carbon accounting
- Principles of circular economy
In addition to attending workshop sessions, SME's will benefit from membership of the Low Carbon SME Network, Growth Accelerator club and ‘meet the buyer’ events.
See full details of the Business Development Programme here
For more information contact K.Walker@derby.ac.uk
Low Carbon SME Network:
Greening the region’s supply chains:
- FREE support, information, resources and business networking; plus invitations to ‘taster’ Growth Accelerator club and Pitch Green events that help low carbon SME's access major supply chains. Find out more.
- For more information contact K.Walker@derby.ac.uk
What will it cost my company?
Business development, product development, workshop events, facilities and consumables for these services are all free of charge.
What other support can we access?
SME's may be interested in a range of other supporting projects and organisations
- Enabling Innovation
- Catalysing Growth
- The Huub
- Energy 4 Business
If you would like to discuss your specific business needs then contact us on 0800 001 5500 or email email@example.com
The project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver free support for eligible SME's in the D2N2 area.