Chesterfield Innovation Centre iLab Showcase Event
St Helena's Campus, Chesterfield
Wednesday 19th July 2017, 8.30am
Our Innovation Centre provides a local facility to undertake design, prototyping and testing of new products and systems with the support of on-site experts. Join us for a business breakfast to find out about the Innovation Centre, experience live demonstrations, explore the facilities including;
Product Design, Scanning and Reverse Engineering Cell - with a Faro Arm laser scanner, ATOS laser scanning, Polyworks and Solidworks CAD software.
- product development from initial sketch through to 3D modelling
- prototyping to explore fit, form and function
- scanning and reverse engineering
- final prototyping for demonstration to clients or manufacturers
Manufacturing Cell - with a Connex multi-material and multi-colour 3D printer, 4-Axis Wirecut Electro discharge machine, and Solidworks CAD software.
- design for manufacture
- prototyping to demonstrate to clients
- small batch manufacture supported by additional manufacturing capability at our Derby site in CNC and
- Selective Laser Melting
Materials Testing and Microstructure Evaluation Cell - including Shimadzu Tensile Test Machine with up to 100kN load cell capability, Scanning Electron Microscope, Bowers-Nexus 3200 Brinell hardness tester and HandySurf E-35B surface roughness tester.
- basic inspection and investigation of material and surface finish
- supporting CAE simulation by providing material properties
- supporting evaluation of manufacturing methods
08.30 Breakfast and Networking
09.00 Introduction to the Innovation Centre and Business Support Offer
09.15 Tour of the iLab
To follow there will be opportunity to meet our experts and hold one to one conversations about your business needs and how we can support you through the Innovation Centre.
This event is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver free support for eligible SMEs in the D2N2 area.
To register your place please complete the booking form below: