Carbon Smart Projects
Carbon Smart Projects
Carbon Smart Projects are a collaboration between the University of Derby, Derby City and Derbyshire County Councils.
Who are they for?
The partnership will deliver a holistic and accessible programme of services to encourage and support SMEs in the D2N2 area to make carbon savings and support the move of D2N2 towards a low carbon economy.
Understanding Your Needs
We will visit your business and, depending on your interests, conduct one of the following:
- Produce an energy audit report with recommendations for improving energy efficiency and reducing energy costs and carbon emissions
- Undertake a Low Carbon Business Capability Review to establish how we can help take your low carbon business proposition to market.
Energy Smart Grants Scheme:
Reducing costs by cutting emissions
The energy audit can be used to inform a grant application and formulate an investment or business plan for energy efficiency within the premises. SMEs are able to access capital grants to part-fund carbon saving measures. This will lever private sector funding and significant greenhouse gas emission savings.
Carbon Smart SME Network:
Greening the region’s supply chains
SMEs that already offer low carbon goods and services can access a fully funded (free) programme to help them access new markets and the region’s largest supply chains.
Support will be based on a needs audit, with workshops addressing:
- Supply Chain Accreditation
- Environmental Reporting
- How to pitch ‘Effective Business Cases for Low Carbon Goods and Services'
Carbon Smart Technical Support (for product and process development):
Accelerating the shift to a green economy
SMEs will be able to access bespoke fully-funded R&D technical support consultancy from the Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering in low carbon production, process and project design, new product development and prototyping.
ERDF funding supports SME innovation via three core programmes:
- Enabling Innovation: Time2Innovate
- Catalysing Growth through Research for Transport Equipment Manufacturing
- Carbon Smart and Energy Efficient SME Programme
What will it cost my company?
The core provision of consultancy and agreed workshop facilities and consumables usage in these projects is free of charge.
If you would like to discuss your specific business needs then contact us on 0800 001 5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org