Work based learning
We work with a wide variety of organisations
We can help businesses and individuals realise their full potential
The University of Derby provides valuable work based learning for employees.
Work based learning is better for business. Unlike traditional ‘training courses’, it allows you to tailor what your employees learn to the needs of your company. Your employees develop skills that directly help them in their role, and it leads to knowledge that is put to use straight away; not left in the classroom.
Work based learning can take many forms
- develop bespoke courses and programmes
- enrol employees on our scheduled, professional courses
- add value to your in-company programmes – through accreditation
- offer university expertise ‘on loan’ – through innovation and knowledge transfer
- build customised online learning platforms.
Delivering tangible benefits
While the format of the learning can vary, the positive outcomes don't. All our solutions bring tangible benefits to your organisation:
- greater efficiency and profitability
- innovative new ways of working
- achievement of organisational objectives
- greater success in attracting, retaining and developing top talent
- enhanced employee performance and engagement.
Professional development for Work Based Learning Practitioners
Supports work based tutors to develop competence, understand the learning environment, promote learning in others and support progression. Gain a Higher Apprenticeship, a Foundation degree and an Honours degree.
Contact Pam Hadfield for further information