The history of Loughborough College dates back to 1909. Established as a technical institute it expanded rapidly, gaining an enviable reputation for innovation and high quality provision, both nationally and internationally. Today that tradition is continued with new programmes and facilities being developed to meet the ever-increasing demands of industry and the needs of all their students.
The first two phases of a major estates development have been completed which provide newly built specialist facilities for hair, beauty, hospitality, sport, exercise and fitness, technology and engineering.
Today more than 8,000 students enrol every year at Loughborough College. They come not only from Loughborough and the surrounding area, but also from all over the UK and more than 50 countries worldwide.
The following programmes are currently running at Loughborough College:
- FdA Children's and Young People's Services
- BA (Hons) Education Studies (Top-up)
- FdEng Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Engineering (Mechanical) (Top-Up)
- BSc (Hons) Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) (Top-Up)
- FdA Creative Music Production
- BA (Hons) Applied Studies (Music) (Top-Up)
Students apply to Loughborough College via UCAS and enrol in September.
The College holds its own ceremony in September which most students attend. If any students would prefer to attend the University of Derby Awards Ceremonies in January instead, they must contact the University of Derby before December to confirm this. NB: Students may only graduate at one ceremony.
Administrative Contact: Fiona Walsh
- FdA Children's and Young People's Services - Kulsoom Rehman
- BA (Hons) Education Studies (Top-up) - Kath Headley
- FdEng Engineering - John Thorley
- BSc (Hons) Engineering (Mechanical) (Top-Up) - John Thorley
- BSc (Hons) Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) (Top-Up) - Mahmoud Shafik
- FdA Creative Music Production - Paul Vandemast-Bell
- BA (Hons) Applied Studies (Music) (Top-Up) - Paul Vandemast-Bell