BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage.
- Business Studies at Derby was ranked Top 3 for overall satisfaction and No.1 for academic support in the UK, in the National Student Survey 2017
- Prepare for roles where you can make a significant impact on business performance
- Develop the research and analytical skills which are valued highly by employers
- Conduct a major independent research study into a business area of your choice
- Gain a respected qualification from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) alongside your degree
- Gain exemptions from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional qualifications
- Enhance your employability through work-related learning, including the chance to take a placement year
- Apply your knowledge to practical business scenarios by undertaking live consultancy projects
- Immerse yourself in the regional business community at exciting networking events
- Boost your career prospects on a course designed in close partnership with employers to deliver exactly what they need
- Benefit from our full support, knowledge and guidance to ensure you make a smooth and successful transition to the business world.
- The University of Derby won the Midlands University of the Year at the Midlands Business Awards 2018