In this section
BA (Hons) Business Management (HRM)
Why choose this course?
Build the dynamic combination of skills needed by modern HR professionals to add strategic value to organisations in their business partnership roles.
- Business and Management has been ranked in the Top 10 in The Guardian University Guide 2019
- Business Management at Derby was ranked in the Top 10 for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2017
- Our teaching team have been nominated in the CMI Higher Education Awards 2018 for ‘Outstanding Innovation and Delivery’ and ‘International’ talent, dedication and innovation.
- This course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personal and Development (CIPD) meaning if you become a student member of the CIPD while you are studying you will be awarded Associate Membership of this prestigious professional body when you graduate to help you secure your first HR role and support your developing career.
- Build your business credentials alongside your HRM specialism by also gaining a respected Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualification, setting you apart in the graduate career market
- Learn how to create HR policies and strategies which engage employees, develop organisational talent and improve business performance
- Enhance your employability through work-related learning, live projects, case studies, business simulations and an optional placement year
- Benefit from professional mentoring on the first course in the country where every student has an external CMI mentor throughout
- Enjoy global perspectives of contemporary business and focus on the principles of ethical and responsible management
- Frame your HR skills with the business knowledge required by successful HR business partners.
- The University of Derby won the Midlands University of the Year at the Midlands Business Awards 2018