In this section
BA (Hons) Business Management (CMI accredited)
Why choose this course?
Show the world you have what it takes to be a responsible, dynamic and outstanding business manager.
- Business Management at Derby was ranked in the Top 10 for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2017
- Our teaching team have been nominated in the CMI Higher Education Awards 2018 for ‘Outstanding Innovation and Delivery’ and ‘International’ talent, dedication and innovation
- Achieve a respected Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualification alongside your degree and set yourself apart as a business leader of the future
- Benefit from professional mentoring on the first course in the country where every student has an external CMI mentor throughout
- Keep your options open – study a broad-based first year and then continue on this pathway for a fully rounded introduction to Business Management, or choose to specialise in Marketing, HRM, Finance, Enterprise or International Business
- Gain exemptions from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional qualifications
- Prepare for a career in corporate management with major names: our graduates now work with the likes of Barclays, DHL and IBM
- Build your practical skills through work experience, live projects, consultancy, case studies and business simulations
- Be inspired by our links with prominent employers, business leaders and professional bodies
- Gain a global perspective of contemporary business to broaden your career horizons
- Focus on the principles of ethical and responsible management.
- Our Business Management Courses were shortlisted for the CMI ‘International’ and ‘Outstanding Innovation and Delivery’ awards
- The University of Derby won the Midlands University of the Year at the Midlands Business Awards 2018