BA (Hons) Business Management (CMI accredited) with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
If you have the ability to study for a degree, but don’t have the necessary formal qualifications to enter directly on to the Honours degree programme, you can choose to start at Foundation Year stage.
- Business Management at Derby was ranked in the Top 10 for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2017
- Achieve a respected Chartered Management Institute (CMI) qualification alongside your degree and set yourself apart as a business leader of the future
- Benefit from professional mentoring on the first course in the country where every student has an external CMI mentor throughout
- Keep your options open – study a broad-based first year and then continue on this pathway for a fully rounded introduction to Business Management, or choose to specialise in Marketing, HRM, Finance, Enterprise or International Business
- Gain exemptions from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) professional qualifications
- Prepare for a career in corporate management with major names: our graduates now work with the likes of Barclays, DHL and IBM
- Build your practical skills through work experience, live projects, consultancy, case studies and business simulations
- Be inspired by our links with prominent employers, business leaders and professional bodies
- Gain a global perspective of contemporary business to broaden your career horizons
- Focus on the principles of ethical and responsible management.
- Our Business Management Courses were shortlisted for the CMI ‘International’ and ‘Outstanding Innovation and Delivery’ awards
- The University of Derby won the Midlands University of the Year at the Midlands Business Awards 2018