Real world learning
Real world learning is what makes studying at Derby different to anywhere else.
We work with organisations and employers to make sure your time here gives you the best possible start to your career.
- you’ll have access to events and masterclasses with leading employers and organisations
- you can be mentored by some of our regions’ finest business minds
- shadow a judge and sit on cases with the judiciary for a week to observe legal processes in action
- work on live projects as part of your assignments – see the experiential project our students worked on with TC Harrison Ford
- spend time on an internship or placement. Our students have worked at Bentley, Toyota and Royal Derby Hospital to name a few.
- take part in trips to see what you’re learning in action – from visits to JCB and other leading employers and organisations, to the United Nations, overseas police authorities and the Blue Lagoon spa in Iceland.
- choose to spend a semester studying abroad on our Go Places, Go Further programme
- gain vital experience in our outstanding facilities which include an award-winning day spa, seven industry-standard kitchens, a grade II* listed events venue, law court and interview suite.
Our expert academics have a wealth of practical experience, and with a greater staff to student ratio than most other universities you're guaranteed more dedicated time from your lecturers to help develop skills that employers are looking for.
At Derby you not only learn about your subject area, but with such opportunities at your fingertips, we ensure you leave us as one of the most employable graduates in the East Midlands.