In this section
BSc (Hons) Human Biology
Why choose this course?
If you’d like a scientific career where you can focus on improving people’s health and wellbeing, our BSc (Hons) Human Biology course is the ideal starting point.
- Accredited by the Royal Society of Biology, this course demonstrates quality and sets a high professional standard
- Build up-to-date bioscience skills which are important for careers in medical research, the NHS, health charities and biomedical industries
- Develop your understanding of infectious and genetic diseases, as well as the impact that lifestyle choices have on health
- Tailor your course to your own interests by choosing from a broad selection of specialist modules in bioscience, psychology and sport science
- Benefit from our strong links with organisations like the Royal Derby Hospital and the Institute of Cancer Research in London
- Strengthen your employability through work placements, internships and projects where you can assist in the University’s human health research – all opportunities which are offered on a competitive basis
- Work alongside an academic team who are recognised nationally and internationally for high-quality teaching and research
- Enjoy a course with a strong approval rating from students: 91% were satisfied with the overall quality of the course, according to the 2017 National Student Survey