BSc (Hons) Human Biology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Studying Human Biology with a foundation year is your starting point for an exciting and worthwhile scientific career. You will achieve a highly regarded qualification in four years.
- Choose a course which is ideal if you are thinking of a career change, keen to build skills in a new subject or don’t meet the entry requirements to join our three-year BSc (Hons) degree straight away
- Benefit from a foundation year which will give you a solid platform for success as you progress in your honours degree studies
- Prepare for a rewarding future in medical research, the NHS, health charities and biomedical industries – or any role where you can truly make a difference to people’s health and wellbeing
- Develop high level skills in bioscience, an in-depth understanding of infectious and genetic diseases, and fascinating insights into how our lifestyle choices affect our health
- Seize the chance to go on work placement, undertake an internship or assist with the University’s human health research – all opportunities which are offered on a competitive basis
- Select from specialist modules in bioscience, psychology and sport science so that you can build a degree which reflects your own interests and ambitions
- Draw on our flourishing partnerships with organisations like the Royal Derby Hospital and the Institute of Cancer Research in London
- Learn from experts who have an international profile for excellent teaching and influential research