BSc (Hons) Zoology
Why choose this course?
With an excellent reputation for quality, our undergraduate zoology course gives you a head start in a fascinating, rewarding and varied career
- Our course is a Royal Society of Biology accredited degree and a Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management accredited degree pathway, providing you with many additional benefits and opportunities
- Gain industry experience through placements and projects with organisations like Sea Life, Twycross Zoo, Derby Museums and Derbyshire Wildlife Trust
- Put theory into practice by conducting exciting fieldwork in the UK or abroad: in the past, our students have been as far afield as the Maldives
- Be inspired by a teaching team which includes world-renowned researchers and which was rated as ‘excellent’ by quality inspectors
- Take the opportunity, on a competitive basis to go on paid internships with the University or relevant employers
- Enjoy a course with a strong approval rating from students: 94% were satisfied with the overall quality of the course, according to the 2016 National Student Survey
You can also study Zoology as a Joint Honours subject.