BSc (Hons) Biology with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Put your future as a professional biologist on a firm footing. Starting your studies with a foundation year is ideal if you are thinking about a change of career, exploring your interest in science, or don’t yet meet the entry requirements for our honours degree.
- Choose the foundation year route to build the skills, confidence and knowledge you need for success: you can gain your full honours degree in four years
- Immerse yourself in a subject which is constantly evolving to address important 21st century challenges
- Gain a thorough grounding in traditional aspects of biology while discovering the latest research-led innovations
- Enhance your practical experience through exciting work placement and internship opportunities
- Get to grips with latest instrumentation and technology in our first-rate laboratories
- Take full advantage of our action-packed programme of fieldtrips: recent visits have taken in Twycross Zoo, Kew Gardens, Burton Breweries and even a week-long residential in Majorca
- Draw on our extensive network of contacts and strong employer partnerships to broaden your professional outlook
- Receive support every step of the way from our highly experienced teaching team, recognised nationally and internationally for their influential research
You can also study Biology as a Joint Honours subject.Show All