BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology and Practice with Foundation Year
Why choose this course?
Build a firm foundation for a career as a high-calibre and forward-thinking architectural technologist. Choose the foundation year route to smooth your progress on a course which boasts an exceptional track record for graduate employability.
- Start your journey with a foundation year to improve your skills, knowledge and confidence
- Gain a real advantage over other candidates in the job market: this degree equips you with a recognised professional qualification and latest industry thinking
- Join one the UK’s oldest standing courses accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT): we gained our original accreditation back in 1997 and have developed an impressive reputation ever since
- Reach high professional standards: we are one of only a few CIAT Centres of Excellence in the UK and abroad
- Learn through practical architectural design and technology projects, field trips and guest lectures delivered by leading professionals
- Take the opportunity to gain vital practical experience with an optional year on an industry placement
- Draw on our links with major names in the sector locally, nationally and internationally
- Enjoy excellent career prospects: 100 % of our graduates are in a professional or managerial role within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- Prepare for positions in architectural practice, consultancy, government, property development and building contracting
- Look forward to a great learning experience: this course scored an overall satisfaction rate of 95% in the 2017 National Student Survey
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology and Practice without a foundation year. Find out more.
Want to be inspired? Take a look at a gallery of our current students’ work.Show All