Architecture, Architectural Technologies and Interior Design Courses
of graduates are now in graduate level employment
BSc Architectural Technology and Practice (DLHE 15/16)
Creative courses with great links to industry mean that you will build your career on solid foundations at Derby.
A forward-thinking city, Derby is the birthplace of innovation – so where better to study for your degree? We work closely with employers to ensure that our courses meet industry needs and stay at the forefront of developments in thinking and practice in this rapidly changing world. You’ll learn in well resourced, professional design studios, and will get hands-on in our traditional workshop facilities.
I loved the breakdown of the course!
“Completing a placement has been such a valuable experience; it’s shown me how the job role I’m aiming for works in the real world.”
This is Architecture, Architectural Technologies and Interior Design
- Professionally accredited architectural courses mean you’ll have the qualifications that employers are looking for
- Our standards are high – we have been recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Work on real world projects. Architectural students were recently tasked with a redevelopment project of Derby City Centre in collaboration with Derby City Council and Marketing Derby
- Learn from tutors with current industry experience
- Bring your technical skills up to speed with our specialist machinery – such as the laser cutting and digital fabric print equipment for our Interior Design students, and advanced use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) for our architecture students
We have a studio space dedicated to Architectural Technologies courses. These creative spaces are used for lectures/ seminars, one to one sessions, group work and presentations to employers.
What our Architecture, Architectural Technologies and Interior Design graduates do
Degrees recognised by industry mean that you’ll have plenty to offer employers after graduation.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- architectural practice
- interior design practice
- venue project management
- design consultancy
- styling and retail display
- film, TV and stage set design
You could also go on to study one of our postgraduate degrees, such as MSc Sustainable Architecture and Healthy Buildings or MSc Building Information Modelling and Project Collaboration.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: