Prepare to join a dynamic new generation of financial experts. At Derby we offer strong employer partnerships, real world learning and a broad choice of courses to launch and accelerate your Accounting career.
On all of our accounting degrees you will gain hands-on experience with the latest professional data and information services, including Bloomberg and specialist accounting software.
Work placements and internships deepen your understanding while consultancy projects will help you put your learning into practice. Masterclasses, guest lectures and mentoring by leading professionals bring your knowledge right up to date.
Whatever your career plans, we’ll equip you for a place at the heart of contemporary business. As a qualified accounting professional, you’ll be on a direct route to the highest level of any organisation – with the capacity to work in any industry, anywhere in the world.
“Invaluable skills and knowledge for your career”
“The skills and knowledge that I have gained will no doubt be invaluable throughout my career. I am really glad to have done my Accounting placement at Molson Coors.
“I would certainly recommend everyone to find a placement if they can as it’s a very rewarding experience.”
This is Accounting
- 100% of Accounting and Finance graduates are now in graduate level employment *Destination of Leavers Survey 15/16
- Gain hands-on experience using the same information and technology relied on by financial professionals all over the world, in our brand-new Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab
- We’ve designed the BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance course to ensure that, if you select the relevant module pathway, you’ll be eligible to apply for the maximum exemptions offered by ACCA and for a range of exemptions offered by CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA and AIA. This means you can achieve membership of your professional body more quickly and accelerate your career progression
- You’ll be taught by an academic team who are passionate about their subjects and influential in their research. With some of the region’s best student/ staff ratios, you’re guaranteed plenty of support.
- Our accounting division has been shortlisted in the PQ Magazine Awards 2018 for ‘Accountancy College of the Year’ and ‘Innovation in Accountancy’
Our brand new Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab
Our Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab highlights our commitment to delivering the very best experience for our students, giving them an edge in a competitive global jobs market once they graduate – demonstrating that they can quickly contribute to any employer’s business.
What our Accounting graduates do
Accounting graduates are always in demand and so there is lots of potential for you to fulfil your ambitions.
Career opportunities open to graduates include:
- accountant / corporate accountant
- tax professional
- reporting and billing specialist.
Companies our graduates have gone on to work for:
- Endsleigh Insurance Services Ltd.
Find out if studying at Derby is right for you at one of our Open Days: