Buses to our Buxton and Leek Campuses
We offer an extensive network of buses to the Buxton Campus during term time, which students and staff can use at low cost.
To take advantage of this you will need to buy an annual permit for £300 - equivalent to less than £1 each way if you travel every day. This works out at around 3p a mile for the longest trips! Your permit is valid for one route of your choice.
Students living in Staffordshire using public transport to access Leek College should use a "Your Staffordshire" Travel card to pay a reduced daily fare.
Students travelling to our Buxton Campus who live on the:
also benefit from being able to use their pass on service buses on their allocated route throughout the day during term time, please see www.highpeakbuses.com/ for full timetable details.
Timetables are available here for each of the Buxton Unibus and Minibus routes:
- 2017-18 Buxton Bus 1 (Glossop, Hadfield, Hayfield, Birch Vale, New Mills)
- 2017-18 Buxton Bus 2 (Hathersage, Hope Valley)
- 2017-18 Buxton Bus 4 (Bolsover, Chesterfield, Calver)
- 2017-18 Route 6 Minibus (Ilkeston, Heanor, Matlock)
- 2017-18 Buxton Bus 7 (Derby, Belper)
- 2017-18 Buxton Bus 8 (Littleover, Hulland, Ashbourne)
- 2017 Alton, Cheadle, Leek, Buxton
*Minibus 6 is not a public service. It is operating as a minibus and so there is flexibility in how the route runs according to demand in different locations. The timetable will be reviewed after 2-3 weeks of term in conversation with the students in order to make times as favourable as possible for all users.
Timetables are available here for the Leek Unibus Route and information about the Leek Minibus:
- Leek Cheadle Alton
- Leek to Buxton
- 2015-16 ASH - LEEK (Ashbourne, Waterhouses, Bottomhouse) - Students must book a seat for the year - Call 01538 322114
Daytime and inter-site buses (free term time services for staff and students)
- Buses to Buxton Skillsbase / Motor Vehicle - Unibus Service
- Buses to Harpur Hill Sports Centre - FE Bus Service
- Buses to Oaklands Outdoor Centre - Minibus Shuttle (HE term time only)
- 185/186 Service Between Buxton and Harpur Hill Sports Hall - For HE students and Staff only
Snow and ice
In severe weather conditions we will try our best to maintain services. However, in some conditions, side roads and back roads become too difficult to negotiate and we'll operate a service with a reduced number of stops. If you're in doubt, you can find out by checking the weather page or calling the Snowline on 01332 597669.
Student Centre: email email@example.com or tel: 01298 330644 (for students travelling to Buxton Campus)
For those travelling to Leek Campus tel: 01538 322114