The Estate Department provides a high quality service to enable the delivery of a state-of-the-art learning environment for students and the business community within the context of the Estates Strategy.
In this context, the 'estate' comprises all freehold, leasehold and joint venture land and buildings occupied as part of the University business.
The Estate Management department aims amongst other things to:
- Provide a quality professional service at all times.
- Influence, direct and deliver the overall estate strategy.
- Deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Ensure that the estate is safe, functional, high quality, efficient and adaptable to changing needs.
- Lead in innovative and appropriate design development and environmental solutions within a business context.
- Explore and promote corporate estate opportunities.
- Ensure that the University meets, as a minimum, its statutory environmental obligations whilst delivering an effective business case.
- Assist Colleges and departments in the adoption of a corporate environmental business approach.
- To work with all other departments to ensure that the integrity of the estate is maintained and our statutory obligations are met.