Supporting students on field trips
How do you meet the needs of students who have visual, hearing or other impairments when required to do so on field trips?
- Have arrangements been made to manage all health and safety matters?
- Is there a procedure, prior to each visit, for guidance to be given regarding specific hazards in relation to particular disabilities?
- Has a risk assessment been completed?
- Has sufficient time been allowed to move around the site and from site to site?
- What communication strategies will be used to maximise student opportunity to see, hear and participate in the activities?
- Do the designated locations and field sites present specific challenges for particular disabilities? If they do are alternative locations available that may replicate the learning experience, or alternative activities providing that enable the student to meet the intended learning outcomes?
What's Happening ...
Tuesday, 27 June (10 am - 12 pm)
Tutors from the Foundation Programme Joint Honours will be available to discuss teaching and marking practices. Examples of marked work will be available to view. This work is internally and externally moderated.
To book your place on this session, click here.