Supporting students on field trips
How do you meet the needs of students who have visual, hearing or other impairments when required to do so on field trips?
- Have arrangements been made to manage all health and safety matters?
- Is there a procedure, prior to each visit, for guidance to be given regarding specific hazards in relation to particular disabilities?
- Has a risk assessment been completed?
- Has sufficient time been allowed to move around the site and from site to site?
- What communication strategies will be used to maximise student opportunity to see, hear and participate in the activities?
- Do the designated locations and field sites present specific challenges for particular disabilities? If they do are alternative locations available that may replicate the learning experience, or alternative activities providing that enable the student to meet the intended learning outcomes?
What's Happening ...
Programme Performance Checks
Staff development sessions to help programme teams prepare for the new Programme Performance Checks are available on request through your College Lead in Quality Enhancement - Further guidance materials are being provided on Sharepoint.