Inspiring community projects
Ever since we first opened our doors as a teacher training college in 1851 the University of Derby has been committed to serving the local community. We're proud to be part of a fantastic city and we are always looking for innovative ways to invest back into the community.
The Community Fund is one way in which we hope to 'give back' to local people. Over the next year we will be handing out grants to inspiring projects that seek to benefit the community in some way. It could be conservation, wellbeing programmes, youth work or anything that benefits the community - whatever you decide to do, we could help!
Community groups throughout Derby and Derbyshire will be able to bid for their share of £15,000 over the next 12 months. There will be three rounds of funding in 2016/17, with £5,000 available in each round.
To be eligible for funding applicants must be based in one of the following geographical areas:
- Round 1 - Opens 1 August 2017, closes 30 September 2017. Winners announced in November.
- Round 2 - Opens 1 December 2017, closes 31 January 2018. Winners announced in March.
- Round 3 - Opens 1 April 2018, closes 31 May 2018. Winners announced in July.
How to apply
- Check you are eligible to apply by reading our Criteria & Guidelines
- Fill in the online application form below or contact us to request a paper copy
- We will be in touch shortly after to let you know the outcome of your application