The University of Derby takes the issue of web and e-learning accessibility very seriously, both to meet our legal obligations and because it is the right thing to do. A number of measures illustrate this commitment:
There is a rolling programme of updating content in accordance with the guidelines set out by the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI).
Contact email@example.com if you wish to draw to our attention to any infringement of good accessibility design practice. For further information about disability support at the University of Derby contact the Student Wellbeing Service.
Customise Browser Appearance
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
- Select the Content panel.
- Under Fonts & Colors, use the drop-down menus to select the font and font size of your choice.
- Click OK to close the Options window
"Tools → Options → Content / Fonts & Colors → Colors... → Text and Background → Background"
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button , and then click Internet options.
- Click the General tab, and then, under Appearance, click Fonts.
- Select the fonts you want to use, click OK, and then click OK again.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the General tab, and then, under Appearance, click Colors.
- Clear the Use Windows colors check box.
- For each color that you want to change, click on the color box, select a new color, and then click OK.
- Click OK, and then click OK again.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the ‘Web Content’ section, go into ‘Customize fonts…’
Changing the background colour of a webpage in chrome requires extensions. You can find an appropriate extension at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/ext/22-accessibility